fitting hids quick question

Godzilla

as the hids only come with a + and - wire to connect to the original bulb harness which ones are + and - on the old one as its got 3 red/black , red/yellow and black/brown i think the black/brown is the - but which is + and what is the other one why it not needed thanks or is that hight beam as i wont have that with my hids so it would explain thanks

R

riske

Ok mate the red black is the + and the black brown is the minus. With my hid i didnt have to do any of this only plug in to original 3 pin connector! What you best off doin is not cutting the wire but just run another seperate wire from the + and - to the new HID wires. That way you can keep it original for MOT soon. Just cut away the rubber insulation around the wire to expose it. Split the wire so it goes into a loop (no cutting) and run off another wire. Then tape it up. Then connect to your HID. This way you can see if you have the main beam or the high beam. If its wrong just do it to the other + colour. Understand??

Godzilla

got that mate
the wires on the hids are spade connectors so they just plug in seperatly to the two terinals on the plus so simple just wasnt sure which was which ,

R

riske

Ah i get ya! Well why you worrying?! All you have to do is trial and error! Connect em up and see if they come on with full beam or dipped. lol. What are you like eh!

Godzilla

just didnt want em blowing if they could that is anyway there on now looking bright as, and i can still flash ppl kind off cos instead of going brighter they go off lol so still flash if ppl piss me off, think il get a hi/low kit after christmas but will see what its like with these regarding other road useres and the po po lol

Godzilla

just noticed when i turn em on the flicker very bright then settle slightly duller all happenes just the second i turn em on .anything on this?

Gav_Kara

there ment to do that mate its just the warm up time... i got mine from hid direct there h4 and hid on lo and main beams!!
mine came with a full wiring harnest there spot on

R

riske

yeah they power up like that mate so nothing to worry about. They also make a slight high pitch noise because of the electricity being produced.

Godzilla

yeah i noticed the noice when bonnet was open while fitting , cant hear it when shut though so all good , real test tomorrow when i drive to work at 6am see what there like