Fitting coilovers

boucherie

as title says, it is simply a case of taking out the old suspension and putting the new coilovers in? Ive been reading some of jims posts on the setup but when i take the old shocks off is it worth me setting up the new shocks to the same length as the old ones and then make final adjusments when its all on the car???

O

Odin

boucherie said:
as title says, it is simply a case of taking out the old suspension and putting the new coilovers in? Ive been reading some of jims posts on the setup but when i take the old shocks off is it worth me setting up the new shocks to the same length as the old ones and then make final adjusments when its all on the car???

Its a very easy job to swap them over fella, Took me about 2 hours to fit them, And then about a week to get all the hights right :doh: :evil: , You could set them at the same length but I don't think they will sit that way on the car because of the different spring rates, And you will defo need the tracking and camber done once you have them on, Mine was way way out after fitting them :cry: ............

Rob

boucherie

cheers rob, after reading jims post looks like i need to ideally get the suspension on today and then spend the rest of the weekend setting it up!!!!

did i read somewhere that the front top mount holes need to be drilled out slightly to make them fit better?!?!?

O

Odin

boucherie said:
cheers rob, after reading jims post looks like i need to ideally get the suspension on today and then spend the rest of the weekend setting it up!!!!

did i read somewhere that the front top mount holes need to be drilled out slightly to make them fit better?!?!?

With the K-sport one's I have I had to open up the big centre hole a little to gain enough movement for the camber adjustment bolts.....

Rob

youngsyp

If you're fitting coilovers, it'll be really worth finding somewhere that can set you alignment up properly and corner weight the car. That'll take out all the guess work on your part, save you a mountain of time and get you a set up that will do the coilovers justice !