Fitting Bailey Dump Valve

S

si.c R

The Bailey Dump valve is dead easy to fit. I didnt even have to remove the intercooler to fit mine. I do have to say though i dont really like the
sound of the Bailey its a bit too quiet for my liking. Just personal choice though. :)

A

Anonymous

It's really easy to fit. Pulsark2002, you must have tiny hands! :wink: I had to take the intercooler of but that only takes 2 mins. It's not the loudest in the world but it depends what you want. I like it.

Dunc

T

T11EWL

These 'sound' (sorry, pardon the pun) like atmospheric dump valves not re-circ. valves.

Just how badly do they fook everything up - I've been told that without some sort of engine management upgrade, the MAF sensor will just go off it's tits cos half the air it detected going in has now disapeared.

What's the score ?

Running an S-AFCII - shouldn't that be able to correct for some of this ?

A

Anonymous

I've not heard of this causing a problem before. It's usually a change to certain induction kits that knackers the MAF I thought. Can anyone confirm? All I know is I've had a Bailyes DV on for about a year now with no probs. Anyone else got any ideas?

Dunc

GTIR-LOZ

i dont think it does anything to the air mass at all, all you get is overfuelling when dumping to the air, as some of the air isnt there when it reaches the throttle bodies, which causes the poping and backfiring, havnt heard of any problems and ive had none having a atmospheric on there for about year and a half - btw the bailey i had i thought was quite loud, but i am running 1 bar

T

T11EWL

GTIR-LOZ said:
...causes the poping and backfiring
Ah, hadn't thought of that - bonus - true rally stylee, brrrr-ptsssh-bang-bang :twisted:

Keira

I think that the problem is caused by some single piston dump valves, if you look at what bailey list as a fitment for the gtir it is the dv26 which is the twin piston, its something to do with the maf sensor being before the turbo ????

I think that the single piston jobbies (dv24) dont close fully on tickover and allow extra air to get sucked in through the dump valve which causes bad tickover and stalling, on the twin piston one piston is permanently shut on tickover which solves the problem. Something like that anyway..

Saying all that though my turbo xs is a single piston and i've never had any problems, guess i could be talking bollox again :lol:

T

T11EWL

Now I'm going to get into trouble for really hi-jacking this thread -

I've got a HKS SSQV - just thought they all did pretty much the same job.

Anyone got one of these and had any trouble ?

Sorry for the previous post :oops:

GTIR-LOZ

yeah the bailey i have is the twin piston one (its for sale too - pm me with an offer :D ) the hks, has two pistons i believe one for small blowoffs (hehehehe) and the larger one for the full boost dump, dunno aboput the others, but the bailey dv26 is designed for the pulsar, anything else from bailey being put on would not be advisable

F

Forge Motorsport

The single piston will be the recirc valve and twin piston the blow off valve , both should be ok