Fitting Aquamist 2d

skiddusmarkus

As I cannot seem to find anywhere that will fit this, I am probably going to have to do it myself.I haven't done much tinkering for a few years so am a bit rusty but heyho.

This is the wiring diagram for the kit:

This is the wiring diagram for the ecu(it won't display in an :

[url]http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/resources/1990_1994_Nissan_Pulsar.php[/url]

1.Now I am a total mong with regard to electronics.I made a fuse tester at school over 20 years ago and that was the pinncale of my career.Do I solder direct into the ecu loom(I'm shit at soldering and don't have a solder iron) or can I splice into an existing wire?
2.What are the bits of the diagram that look like envelopes?Are they just the meaning for a relay?
3.It says on the aquamist diagram that certain wires must be connected to the non switched side of the injector driving wire or summat and something else about the pulsed side of the injctor.This is on the bottom right of the diagram.TBH I dont have a clue what this means.

Has anyone fitted one of these or had one fitted?Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

Dangerous Dave

1.you can splice in to other wire's BUT idealy you want to be soldering them in to the ecu loom.

2. I think the envolpe = relays
by the look of it i dont think you need the one from the orange to red wire (i think its optional)

3. looks like you have to splice in to the negative wire that come's from the injector.

Hope am right and hope it helps you mate;-)

- As lawny said, you can splice them using those little plastic connectors you can buy from maplin (fro example). But it is much better to solder them and cover in heat-shrink.
- The envelope sysmbol is just the symbol they are using to show the coil of the relay (relay is made up of a driving coil and then some contacts which are opened/closed by the coil when energised).
- The non switched side of the injector is basically the 12V feed to it (constant 12V, i.e. not switched at any point). Sometimes this wire may have a resistor in series to limmit the current to the injector. I don't think there is one on the pulsar but i might be wrong. If there is one, just splice your wire on before the resistor (inbetween the ECU and resistor basically.... NOT inbetween the resistor and Injector).
The other wire of the injector is pulsed (a pulsing signal from the ECU which actually drives the injector. The longer it pulses the more it opens and the more fuel goes in. Often refered to as the duty cylce). I suspect the '806-441 amplifier' monitors this green wire (the injector duty cycle) and then uses this to control the duty cycle for the aquamist injector (brown wire).
- If you have a electronic boost controller it might be worth wiring up the relay as if you have a problem/blocked jet, the relay will open circuit and (if boost solanoid is wired through this relay) will reduce the boost to standard level (0.5bar).

Hope that helps a bit mate, i have tried to make it read easy for you.

Last edited:

skiddusmarkus

Thanks for the replies, I've been away a few days in Magaluf so only just read them.Luckily one of my brothers mates turns out to be a mechanic and he's willing to fit it for me and is familiar with wiring diagrams etc but every extra bit of info helps :).