FITTING APEX-I AVCR

Just a couple of quick questions... Is there a 'best' place to mount the solenoid valve and pressure sensor for short pipe runs etc and also where's the best place to run the leads through the bulkhead :?:

andygtir

with mine memski mounted the solonoid where the old solonoid was, and the pressure sensor was cable tied onto the abs 'stuff' in the top right of the engine bay.

look in the passenger footwell, near the centre consol and theres a huge bunch of wires that feed through the bulk head, we found it easier to feed from the engine bay into the car.

thanx, is easier than I expected, one last thing, if I fit the solenoid valve but don't have the boost controller working will the car run ok?

hmm think i'll leave that until I can finish it all off, is it as hard to set up as it looks :?: am thinking it needs to be done by someone who knows what they're doing...

L

Little Erve

Note that in the manual it says not to mount the solenoid near anything hot.

Take your car for a spin and then tell me the bracket that holds the standard boost solenoid doesn't get hot.

That's where I originally mounted mine (as per a picture off some French website), now it's just hanging off the battery tray.

Curtis

I fitted mine the same as Andy (rsnissan) solonoid where the old one was, I had to make a little bracket to fit it but wasn't too difficult and the Boost pressure sensor on the left strut. There is a bolt already there you can fix it to and it makes the tube run less than 20cm. :wink:

Hi,

Fitting my AVC-R tomorrow, i take it you feed the wires in through the rubber boot that contains the ECU loom on the passenger side? If so, do you take the plug off the end of the AVC-R loom? got the plug connector off now just to make feeding through a bit easier.

andygtir said:
look in the passenger footwell, near the centre consol and theres a huge bunch of wires that feed through the bulk head, we found it easier to feed from the engine bay into the car.
Also, ive got a HKS FCON fitted with its own loom harness going into the ECU, would it be better to splice into the harness rather than the main loom?

Any help appreciated,

Cheers

Gaz