Fitting a Z32 MAF

M

modifiede36m3

Hi Guys
Do I need any type of adaptor when I fit a Z32 MAF?

Thanks
Steve

bopper

I just cut the old plug off and soldered the z32 wires to it there was a link done on this before, use the search link there is some useful infomation from odin and stevepudney

snoon

If it hasn't come with the Z32 wiring plug you can get it from Horesham developments for around £20 if i remember correctly.

Do a search for the wiring diagram as the old plug has 3 wires and the new has 4.

Easy enough job to fit. You'll need a remap after though.

M

modifiede36m3

Hi Guys
Thanks. I have the plug. I was wondering if I need an adapter plate to fit it to the car.

Cheers
Steve

snoon

Just get a mix of pipe and reducers to fit it into the pipe run in place of the standard one.

M

modifiede36m3

It is cheaper to buy a 80-60mm Rubber reducer..Just a thought

snoon

I think i paid £18 just for the silcone reducer (60 -80) but then you have to get the clips etc to fit.

Kev@Apex

Thing is with the silicon is they also take up a fair amount of space compared to a alloy reducer, although its about half price.

snoon

KevD said:
Thing is with the silicon is they also take up a fair amount of space compared to a alloy reducer, although its about half price.
Yeah mine is bulky compared.
If I'd have known about yours Kev - I would have got one instead of the silcone one.