fitment of 17" alloys

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone new if alloys off a vauxhall astra would fit, I know there 4 x 100 and the offset is still betwwen 35-45, but was wondering about the bore??
Thanks Chris :thumbsup:

stumo

if the offset and stud patern is the same shouldnt be any issues. What you got planned ???

If the center hole isn't big enough the wheel won't fit :der:

And if the center hole is too big you'll need to find/ have made centering rings.

Tubb

Strange, I just spotted some Arsetra alloys I fancy too.
Does anyone know what size the center hole should be to fit a GTIR?

And if the center hole is too big you'll need to find/ have made centering rings.
Is that raelly that important? I've run without them for 5/6 years without a noticeable prob.

I just tighten the wheel nuts bit by bit and opposites and because the nits and wheels are tapered it pulls the wheel central.

stumo

Is that raelly that important? I've run without them for 5/6 years without a noticeable prob.

I just tighten the wheel nuts bit by bit and opposites and because the nits and wheels are tapered it pulls the wheel central.
Yes it is that important.

Good luck with your method.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I tried that... and sheared a wheel stud for my efforts. The spiggot rings are quite cheap on eBay, you just need to know what sizes you need.

stumo

I tried that... and sheared a wheel stud for my efforts. The spiggot rings are quite cheap on eBay, you just need to know what sizes you need.
Yep, that's what can happen.:lol:

And if you hit a bump hard enough you could snap all four and your wheel bounces off down the road! :lol::lol::lol:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I also didn't remember to take the spiggot off and cracked my spare when I tried to do the nuts up (so I had to replace that too)... seems like I always learn the hard way.

Tim

I've always had a slight wheel wobble problem, noticed the other day that i was missing a spigot ring on the front. I ran the car without any spigot rings as i needed to use the other for reference. Made the wobble ten times worse.

I have replacements waiting to be fitted when i get home, hoping they solve the problem!

stumo

I've always had a slight wheel wobble problem, noticed the other day that i was missing a spigot ring on the front. I ran the car without any spigot rings as i needed to use the other for reference. Made the wobble ten times worse.

I have replacements waiting to be fitted when i get home, hoping they solve the problem!
fitting the rings should cure it....if the wheel is balanced (and round):roll:

Cheers everyone. I've bought some white OZ 17's as new! I will get the rings from ebay then as the bore in 69mm! Thanks for your advice! :)

Working, i've heard that word somewhere before, dirty word that it is! But.... Erm, dinner time and i reckon we shall call this one...... Tea break! :)