first gtir engine

G

gti-r chris

hi, just bought my first r off a mate for £1500 with 1 years mot and six months tax.
it was a case of, saw it, drove it, went to the bank all within about ten mins.
as you can imagine it needs a bit of work. the car drives very well and has done my 40 mile daily trip to work for three weeks without any trouble also drove it to birmingham last weekend.

anyway, thinkin of takin it off the road for a bit just to give it some tlc and maybe find some extra bhp. i am a mechanic so going to do all the work myself.

thinking of removing the engine, i can use a ramp in a mates garage but will the need to tow the car 15 miles back to my garage as he doesn't have the space to keep the car there. will also have to pay him for the use of the ramp.
to save all this hassle would it be just as easy to remove the engine on the floor in my garage. i have got a engine crane.

have never worked on a pulsar before and dont know a lot about them so any info would be great.
cheers, chris

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
gti-r chris said:
to save all this hassle would it be just as easy to remove the engine on the floor in my garage. i have got a engine crane.

have never worked on a pulsar before and dont know a lot about them so any info would be great.
cheers, chris
I haven't done it, but as the Troll says, you can drop it in your own garage (out of the bottom, lift the front of car up to get it out) The quicket guys can do it in abit over 2 hours. Just ask the Troll for more details, he's probably done it a few times.;-)

G

GTI-R Kid

We dropped ours out without the use of a ramp. Just used the engine crane to lift the front of the car high enough to get the engine out from underneath.

G

gti-r chris

cheers, think i will give it a go. let you know how i get on
thanks chris