FINALLY GOT ON THE ROLLERS....

A

Anonymous

and she made an estimated 300 at the flywheel as 219 at the hubs at 1 bar. (tomei pump, front mount, metal gasket, helix clutch, scorpion system with de cat etc)

hugely rich at the top end (std ECU pants!!) so plenty more to run with if I go for the Emanage and run her up to 1.1 or even 1.2 bar.

drives much better with the AVCR and up on boost even earlier.

abbey reckon they coul dget 35-40 bhp AND ft lbs torque with mgmt but just seems like extra stress and cost for what is the car is and needs to do.

happy with that as have not touched it since I bought it like that.

nick

J

J-GTi-R

Sounds good!

Did Abbey give any idea what the E-manage would cost fitted and mapped?

A

Anonymous

cheers J. tis ok for a stage one road car and what I want from it all.

I reckon you would be looking at 800-1000 pounds fitted, mapped etc so it worked out more than I thought it would!

almost a fifth of the price of the car so is it really worth it for a bit more grunt.

for me no!!

J

J-GTi-R

Yeah you should be very happy with that. Good to see some people still see the sense in building decent stage one cars (as I'm doing), as if done properly they are very effective and under-rated road weapons.

Cheers for letting me know, that price puts the e-manage out of my price-range as well, I'd like some kind of fuel map adjustment for fuel economy if nothing else (I do about 300 miles a week atm), so will stick to the Unichip plans (about £600 fitted and mapped).

A

Anonymous

could not agree more J. I want as car that is safe and I don't have to worry about as blowing those little 2 litre lumps too hard is just trouble.

I might run her at 1.1 bar as it was more than safe up there but the difference was minimal under load on the rollers.

my money is going into the whiteline kit and making sure she goes round corners even better, cos I will be on the throttle much earlier than those dealing with understeer and lag.

Unichip could be an option as there seems to be a lot of experience outthere with it...Imight just give interpro in bristol a call to see what they have on offer.

300 miles a week! blimey! I get a company fuel card so fuel is no worries!! :p :shock:

J

J-GTi-R

my money is going into the whiteline kit and making sure she goes round corners even better, cos I will be on the throttle much earlier than those dealing with understeer and lag.
Wise plan! That's next on my list, I just have to do something about the money I'm haemoraghing on the fuel bill first...

J

J-GTi-R

Turn the boost down? Wash your mouth out, young man!!! :lol:

Nah, a decent fuel map on something like a Unichip can give upto a 50% increase in fuel economy, even at higher boost. Thanks to that sodding standard fuel map, you can gain a lot more than just power and torque witha decent re-map.