FINALLY:3'' zorst pics. (lots!!)

Websnowbo

Has anyone contacted Mongoose with regards to a 3" System?

I'm sure they would be more than willing to have a go if they knew how much interest there was.

S

Sirnixalot

sooooo no muffler? This cant be meeting any kind of sound restrictions

C

caz

lol. Yeah MEGA loud. But I seen him tonight when he gave me the pics and he's put his old 5ZIGAN backbox on on its a lot quiter. The police round here would have caused to much hassle :evil:
He says it feels a lot better as well. And you can hear the blow off better too

A

Anonymous

Man, that must be so loud and annoying, not to mention that it must drone like nothing else. I got a cat back a couple of weeks back with no resonator and straight through muffler and the thing drones like there is no tomorrow and gives me a headche after 10 mins of driving

Currently fitting a resonator

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I'd be more interested in the 3" front section bolted onto the rest of my mongoose

Who made it and how much :?:

C

caz

I'm assuming some of U havn't read the other post. This is just a 3'' front pipe :wink:

Tony

You dont need a flexi joint, the joint (pic 8 ) that is on bends more than enough!!!!
that and it would hav put the price up even more!!
Better for changing the oil as well as it dusnt soak up the spilliage!!! :)

I`m not too happy with th pics as they dont do it much justice!!!!
It looks a lot bigger in person, i`m gonna try and get sum with it on the ramps!!!! (how long will that take!!! :shock: )

Tony....

Keira

Tony said:
You dont need a flexi joint, the joint (pic 8) that is on bends more than enough!!!!
that and it would hav put the price up even more!!
Better for changing the oil as well as it dusnt soak up the spilliage!!! :)

Tony....
The flexi helps absorb movement of the engine so i'd rather have it.

The elbow is how i wanted mine really, a combination of the 2 would be spot on

J

jasegould

No flexi joint?? So how long before the exhaust shears the bolts off the turbo then??

C

caz

No flexi joint?? So how long before the exhaust shears the bolts off the turbo then??
The 3 guys that work there a long serving engineers. With a highly recommended reputation for any zorsts they do. I for one trust they no what there doing :wink:

Saying that U can measure Tony's luck on the minus scale :!:

Tony

How much compression do you think the flexi joint gives??????

There is a flexible joint in the zorst as seen in pic 8 !!!!

The flexi only bends well and there isnt really much need for that, its the rubber mounts that take the shock out !!!!

Tony....

GINGA

I like that, looks like exactly what I was looking for 8) though although it has a sprung joining piece I would prefer a flexi section just to be on the safe side as launching would put alot of strain on the sprung joint doubt it would break though but you may need to replace the gasket every now and then but for normal fast road driving can't see it being a problem.
Is the price still £380 though :?: :(

skiddusmarkus

I'd be interested in the elbow but the whole kit is a bit expensive when you consider I got a full exhaust for less than that.Not trying to be negative,just my opinion.

GINGA

I don't think the price is as bad as it would first seem as Hiteq quoted me around £150 for a custom dump pipe and £200 for a custom 3" downpipe but for that price I'd like to see a flexi joint fitted :wink:
I think if the flexi could be fitted and the price dropped to around the £350 mark i'd be very interested :wink:

ashills

right guys ive been talking to a company in the states and they have a gtir front pipe there if they were to get a 3" front pipe made with a flexi would 200 quid be to much

just testing the water as ill probably have one myself