Field Active Rom Ecu

KF79GTIR

Can any one tell me what they know about this ECU as i have tried doing some research on the net and not had any great results i am after what kind of of map they run and what boost it is set to any sensable comments would be good.

Kev.

P

pulsarboby

i know when field made these units, that they came in different stages of setup (unlike jdm mines), maybe wrong here but i think the stage 1 setup was around 1.1 going through to around 1.4 on the more aggressive maps.

they are supposed to be very good units, but the only true way to find out what one you have is by dyno
set the initial boost to around 1.1 then see what fuelling and ignition is like, and gradually increase boost level untill you start to lean out, it maybe a 1.4 unit that you have there!
but when ive done your car it will need setting up anyway, with the goodies you will be running, so maybe thats the time to see what this unit is capable of achievieng.

or just flog it on and get your standard ecu mapped with h-dev (thats the route i would take tbh)

KF79GTIR

Yeah its the one i bought off you last year mate i am just looking to find out if its worth keeping or just getting the standard ecu remapped as you said if will handle 1.4 bar then i may keep it.

Kev.

P

pulsarboby

either that or il fit a wideband to your car, then we can read what its doing with fuelling, and ive got a sykes pickavant code reader (similar to consult) where we can keep an eye on ignition and knock levels to make sure its not detting
but it depends on what final setup you want and what goodies you want fitted, as to whether this unit is man enough for the job!
but if in any doubt, flog it on and get your standard ecu re-mapped, cant remember how much you bought it off me for now, think it was £150 but it will easily bring that on ebay, if its not upto it.

andygtir

mine was imported with one on, it made extremely good power for the mods, but the ignition timing was mapped VERY agressively - i suppose to suit premium jap fuel. i couldn't run much over standard boost without getting det so had to take it off.