few tuning quickies

B

boots_n_braces

Just a few quikies, how close to the sr20det is the pulsar engine? i know there roughly the same just wondering what the differences are as the sr20det has loads of parts availiable like hi flow fuel rails etc that would making tuning a gtir much easier.
And does anyone do a big valve conversion for the gtir head? (presuming theres no water ways etc in the way)

cheers,
harry

ram5ay

The GTI-R engine is an SR20DET bud, its just a better version of it, with a few choice extras robbed from the RB26 iirc, like oil squirters for the pistons and individual throttle bodies for each of the cylinders.
;-)

B

boots_n_braces

Oh thats all go, i thought it was the next step on from the sr i.e block changes etc, so i take it larger valves etc for the sr and manifolds etc will fit? apart from th odd bits like the cam followers??

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It has wider big end bearings and solid lifters.
Alot of the SR20s are longitudinally fitted to cars, so alot of stuff doesn't realy fit too well.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
boots_n_braces said:
Oh thats all go, i thought it was the next step on from the sr i.e block changes etc, so i take it larger valves etc for the sr and manifolds etc will fit? apart from th odd bits like the cam followers??

No you cannot use the SR valves... They are very slightly different...

You will really need to look into custom valves if you want to go larger, which you don't need until you are running over 700bhp ish...

Rishi