Few questions . . .

kenan

South West Regional Rep
1. Can you get a roof rack for the GTI-R?

2. People selling their cars keep saying "My engine is noisy/tappy but its ok" is this true or them making an excuse for a rough engine?

3. Could you put a big turbo onto a standard ish car without any problems? I don't want to increase the power but say the turbo was on the way out could you replace it now and then later down teh line get the ECU, injectors etc to turn the boost up.

4. Test drove one the other day (Over priced) but it was running 1bar, filter, exhaust, blow off valve and that was about it. I'd guess it was running what 220-240hp?

I know they are a little random but looking for a car and trying to work everything out, oh and I'ma bit thick :doh:

MORF114

Yes you can get a roof rack for a gti-r guy in work has some on his gti.

Put a big turbo on and youll want to turn the boost up very temting i dont drive mine its so tempting hide my car keys still cant remember where i hid them.

(dont really know how your car would run with new bigger turbo on with no other mods so cannot answer that.)

They are notorious tappety engines just the parts used to make them work. i bought mine thinking oh yeah they are tappety engines i had it checked & shimmed up and tensioner & chain done week after i bought it thinking that it was quite a bad noise something "must" be wrong and it still sounds pretty much the same injectors are noisy buggers aswell.

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Thanks for the replys.

I'v driven two so far, both felt very good and the engines were spot on but the gearboxs were crap :doh:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
220bhp is standard power. filter and exhaust is about 240bhp, 1bar is about 275bhp

Engines do tend to be abit rattly sometimes due to timing chain and solid lifters.

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Anyone know if you can run a larger turbo on a stock car with the view to uprate the other bits later?

P

Pete

course you can just aslong as everything is set up ok and not running to much boost throw it becuase somthing would give up sooner rather then later or there again you could be very very very very very very very lucky :lol: :lol: