Few questions about my 'R

K

kerry

please dont laugh :oops:

can someone answer the followin please :(

wots the ideal oil temp and oil pressure on standard gauges?

how do i find out if its retricted and if it is how do i derestrict it?

if i get hold of a sunny manual will it be same as for pulsar as i have a japanese one? and where can i get one?

is it advisable to remove the plates behind the 2 smaller vents?

think thats it for now :p

moved - edd

E

Edd

all of these questions have been answered before and if you use the search function you will be able to find a lot of info :wink:

But as your new i'll answer them for you.

OIl pressure in the handbook is roughly above 1 on idle and between 3.4 - 4.4 above 3500rpm (this is roughly as cant remember)

Most people seem to get around 5-6 on cold startup, which then whilst driving settles between 3.5 to 4.5 and on idle it will usually drop to about 2-3/

Oil temp normal driving around 80-90, hard driving up to 110 , track driving up to 120/130.

You can remove the 2 plates under the vents but you'll then get water in the bonnet and sometimes down the plug hole on number 1 cylinder which will lead to poor running, however i ran mine for over 8 months without them in and never had a problem.

Erm you'd need a uk sunny gtir manual which is probably rare as rockng horse sh*t

and to find out if its derestircted, just go on motorway and floor it in fifth :twisted: if it cuts out at 180km.h or 112mph ish then it is limited still :wink:

GINGA

The 2 small vents either side of the large centre vent on the bonnet should have cover plates under them to stop excess water getting in :wink:
Though on vehicles in hot climates these will probably have been removed.
As a side note I found the engine ran smoother when in slow moving traffic with these removed 8)

S

Stoned

Plus you get a cool heat haze :)

I noticed the temp gauge drop a little lower at normal running temps after removing those plates, so they do help.

JIMMYBACK

yer some body thought because of the haze that my car was on fire :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

antgtir

I agree, in hot temperatures removing these plates definately helps, i have mine stored in the boot ready and waiting for the winter.

They help in the winter to keep the engine nice and cosy when driving, just remember to remove them in summer and put them back on in the winter.

Id agree with those figures, mines about that too.

Whats your car like then Kerry? A british sunny GTiR is defo rare to find one and to find a decent one is even rarer :eek:

JIMMYBACK

it cant be a sunny cos the pic a bove shows the japanese mesurement for boost in hmmg rather that psi in a sunny

K

kerry

thanks for the help

it isnt a sunny its a pulsar but i was askin about a sunny manual :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
jimmybackb said:
it cant be a sunny cos the pic a bove shows the japanese mesurement for boost in hmmg rather that psi in a sunny

A sunny wouldn't be restricted either :wink:

K

KrissJ

I only have 1 of the littloe vents but ran my R all winter without either of them in and I never had any problems (-touch wood- and I wash it about twice a week, upto 4-5 times when the roads are shitty in winter :wink: ).

K

KrissJ

With the washin thing I meant that there's even more water around the vents (just read it back and it seemend like a bit of a random comment)

A

Anonymous

Haven't had any problems with water in my plugs ....... yet. Besides, can't remember the last time i saw decent rain down here. The side vents make good hand warmers on those cold days. Yes we have cold days in Oz!

As for delimiting, the Apexi rev speed meter is good, delimits, gives 0-100,200 & 300km/h times, 200m 400m and 1000m times, a recall function for showing peak speed and revs. If you get the G sensor it shows g force and figures out approx hp. Best of all it can be calibrated for an accurate speedo. Perfect for cars with bigger wheels. My 16s are 8% out.

With that effort i should be a sales person for Apexi!

K

kerry

ive since found out that delimiting occurs when the clocks are changed so thats all good. ive yet to find an opportunity to test the speed though :p

gonna whip the plates off later when i give her a clean :D

and the clocks are readin like was mentioned so im happy with that too :wink:

A

Anonymous

hmmm said:
Are Pulsars common in Australia?
Not that common, about 370 members in the club. Not all own GTi-Rs but there is bound to be more out there.

My last post must have been good luck, had 2 days of continual rain since.