FECKED OFF - CAN ANYONE ADVISE?

J

Jonny_gti-r

Ok so i poseted a while ago because i was having det sensor problems which i thought i'd had fixed! Unfortunately the problem seems to arising again.

After doing the fault checks and getting code 34 i was told the det sensor had gone and that was replaced, car was running a lot better following this work! Still down on power though because now i'm not getting a pulsed earth signal to the boost control solenoid so my turbo doesn't boost as it should (it's 7psi constantly).

When the engine gets fully warmed up and the oil temp is around 9 ish on the gauge the car runs like a bag of spanners!

A mate thought that maybe it's an electrical fault as it only happpens when warm. Could my ecu be fooked as that is two items that run from the ecu that both aren't working?

PLEASE CAN ANYONE ADVISE ME OR GIVE ME A CONTACT FOR A GOOD GARAGE TO CALL?

thanks

Jon

B

Brett G

U could try swapping the ecu temporarily with another owner on here just to see if it makes a difference? Where abouts are you based?

Brett

J

Jonny_gti-r

I've just bought a used one off here to try it out and waiting for it to arrive but could be a week or so. I'm in Huddersfield. Just pi$$ed off with it now!

J

Jonny_gti-r

Well after hearing their name mentioned on here i've spoken to a chap at Hiteq in Wigan and booked my car in there, the guy was very helpful and hopefully i'll have a car that runs right soon!!!

B

Brett G

If you weren't so far I would have done a quick ecu swap just to get you a quick answer! :wink: I know how it feels when Its not going well.... Or at all :shock: :lol:

Brett

N

n7dge

Hey Jonny_gti-r.
I live in Batley-Dewsbury if you want to try the ECU swap mate.
Up to you ?
Nij.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Do you still have the restrictor pipe fitted, the hose from the plenum to the top mount. If you don't you'll run low boost. Assuming that's fitted then your ecu is detecting det and retarding the boost and ignitoin by the sounds of it, hence the boost solenoid only allowing you 7psi of boost.
If the ecu is still giving you code 34, then curing this should cure your problems. Check the wire onto the det sensor hasn't fallen off or broken. (as the det sensor is new :?: )

J

Jonny_gti-r

Do you have pics of where the plenum is? I've no idea what it looks like or where to find it!!!!