Faulty Dump Valve

cobra10

i have a bailey venturi and reckon its prob knakrd. you can hear the whoosh building up but when you change gear u dont get the release your supposed to :lol::lol::lol:

anyway, back on topic, is their anyway to test the dump valve to see if its operating properly. i phoned baileys and they said to send it back to them and they can do allsorts of tests to it...... for a fee like

i took off the pipe going back to the throttle body (at least i think thats where it came from) and looked through and theres no obstructions, there was a wee bity oil on the dump valve itself inside the connector so i reckon at some point there was an oil issue but not anymore.

any ideas?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yes - undo the little allen-head screws around the top and you should be able to take it apart.

You should have the dual-piston type, and if you don't that's half your problem (because it's meant for cars without an AFM).
Check the state of the O-ring(s), and maybe smear some silicone grease on them.
Check the spring... you don't need to grease that.
Put it all back together...

That process alone brought my idle from ~1400 to ~1000rpm.

cobra10

kl, took it apart, the dual piston wasnt as slidy as it should be and there was a sticky substance on outside of o ring, so gave it a wee clean and put it back together, lets see what she does later

darkyGTI-R

If you have no joy I have one practically new £30 posted mate the dv26 dual piston,it has one screw missing the tiny one but I ran it with it missing with no issues