FAO Paul ( Ginga ) Stripped your engine...

A

AJ4

Hey bud, just thought you might be interested to know, I finally got round to stripping that engine I got from you and found out what was wrong with it.

Looks like you spun a bearing :D Also, luckily you stopped using it when you did because you were about to blow a hole through a liner :) Glad you didn't because it means I can fit new liners and she's a good un ( and a new crank as well ). Here's a couple of pics -

Spot the odd one out ? ( it even went a nice shade of ginga, like your hair :D )

Also -

Cheers,

Ross.

A

AJ4

Yeah, it was a 0.5mm deep hole, where the liner had melted ( naughty boy, ginga ! :D )

Can't risk just getting it bored out as the cylinder will always be weak in that area now, so have to get new liners fitted.

GINGA

Ross said:
Yeah, it was a 0.5mm deep hole, where the liner had melted ( naughty boy, ginga ! :D )
Dunno how that happened gov its only ever been run at standard boost :wink: :roll: :lol:
Must have been all that extra load of it while rushing Edd to the local maccy D's :lol:

E

Edd

i'm glad to see that the result of your 150mph run you did to get me my big mac meal which resulted in a horrendous top end rattle didn't do too much damage then :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: