fans n/w HELP NEEDED!

P

pulsarboby

does anyone on here know if the coolant fans have a sender switch?? as mine are not cutting in and car is boiling up.
they were working before i did rebuild, all plugs are connected but temp gauge is reading in middle which isnt correct as water is boiling out of header tank.
surely there has to be some kind of sensor which goes back to ecu? any ideas!!!

geoff pine

Is it the fan relay as this has a wire that goes back to pin 9 on the ecu but can not see a sensor other than the fan relay. There is a water temp sender has the wire come of this ?

P

pulsarboby

no wire is connected but i know for a fact that the gauge isnt reading correct, it goes up just above halfway when car is boiling up!
i will take off wire tomorrow and put it to earth then gauge if working correctly should go right round to hot!
any idea where abouts relay is and colour, could possibly be that causing prob.
there is also another sensor next to temp sender, i assume this gives the ecu signal when to turn on fans, so it could possibly be that one thats faulty or am i wrong?

gtirx2

Are you sure your don't have a air lock in the system still?is it bubbleing back up in to the header tank? mine was a bitch to bleed when i rebuilt it and my tempressure gauge would read normal like yours too also my fans would not cut in.In the end i would get it hot and tryed to bleed the air out through the bleed screw in the themostat houseing it took me awhile to get it right and stop it bubbleing back into the header tank so it may be worth a try?

P

pulsarboby

its possible, but im 99% sure all the air is out and the heater works fine which is another sign that it is air free.
actually the heater is red hot which is another sign of it boiling up

just noticed my posts number:twisted: 666 thats got to be a bad omen:doh:

Last edited by a moderator: