f.a.o those who have regound their fuel pumps!!

turboloon

where about did you guys locate your relay,in the boot or under the bonnet, i was going to put it in the boot beside the plug for the fuel pump but my mate that is a mechanic tells me that they usually put them under the dash or under the bonnet!!!!:roll:

vss irvine

i wouldnt put it near the tank, relays create a small spark when in use, if your tank was to have a vapour leak, you could have a small problem there!!

vss irvine

nah mate, never had the problem, but ill be re-wiring all that pump supply wires when i build our car. im putting racespec circuit breakers in instead of fuses, and its all going in the dash for easy access like most race/rally cars.

turboloon

ahh ok i've been having on going boost problems and i think this could be playing a part in it, i took a voltage reading and was only seeing about 9.59 volts , also when i took the hose of the accuator the turbo would only boost to a bar( the tubby has been rebuilt by turbo dynamics about 8 mths ago and hasn't done a great deal of miles i've had the tubby off to check that the waste gate is seating ok and it was, done leak off tests evrything ok , done ecu fault code checks etc ,so now i'm hoping that once this is re earthed i'm hoping this will finally be the end of this boost issue!!)cheers for the input by the way...

turboloon

verything was tested prior to it being sent out , and when i removed the turbo again for a second time to check the waste gate was seating properly we tested the accuator with one of those gismos you use for testing the cars cooling system.everything was as it should've been..

SIR GTIR

sorry to revive a dead tread
but i tapped mine into the feed wire from the stock relay and earthed the other side tap this wire i placed the new relay in the relay enclosure under the bonnet and you'll see one other running out which if run to the cabin to kill the pump (had flooding issues on start up)