F.A.O anyone in the chester area!

D

D4VE-GTI-R

hi is anyone here from around the chester area?

i need someone to help me with my pulsar.

i have a new powersteerong belt and radiator waiting to be fitted to my car but i cant fit them lol

is anyone willing to come fit them for me for some £££ :)

i would take it to a garage to do but as its got a knackered rad it will probabily damage it!

there is a garage only 5 mins down the road as well :(

if anyone is interested pelase txt or phone me on 07926409834

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Er... have you got any help yet?
I'm no expert, but I might be able to help later in the day, or tomorrow. Unfortunately my car is out of action at the moment because I'm doing a Dynamat install... and I might have a go at changing my exhaust too.

I'm in Hawarden, so it's just a hop skip and a jump away.

I've never changed the belts on my R though...

davey red.r

get the garage to come pick it up.
its not rocket sience,
if they are 5mins away they shouldnt charge you as they will want your buisness check/ask them first if its an option?

davey

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
If it's a simple swap job, then anybody should be able to help with a spanner, a screwdriver, and a bit of brute force.

Want me to give you a call later so see how you're doing?

geoff pine

The rads an easy fix the alternator belt has to come of to fit the power steering belt that looks like a real knuckle scraper have you sorted it yet im at the end of the m53 jn 2

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Is it just a matter of slacking them off, swapping them over, and tightening everything back up?

Do you know more about it Geoff? I think my wife would be happier if I stopped playing with cars for the weekend, so if you're volunteering to help maybe I'll do the gardening like I'd promised after all. :thumbsup:

Maybe Dave doesn't need the help any more. :roll:

geoff pine

I was thinking to sort the rad out then he can drive up the road and let the garage change the belts that way he,s only paying for the belt change .I changed mine when i took the engine out .It looks like its pain to get at ?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I guess it depends how small your hands are :lol:
Small hands mean that you can get the belts changed easily... but lack the strength to tension them and tighten the bolts.

It this it's a simple enough job, just a fiddly one.

No response suggests that he doesn't need the help any more.

geoff pine

The age of these car some times mean that some thing just are sized solid that and the lack of space and some simple jobs become hard work for us none mechanics:doh:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yeah... that's a good point.
There's something wrong with my suspension, so I was trying to see if I could get the wishbone out: I've stripped the thread off one of the bolts; can't get both the bolts for the ARB back in; and couldn't get the droplinks undone anyway.
So much stuff is just rust-welded together, especially if they've ever been off-road.

This might have been a nice bullet dodge!

geoff pine

PobodY said:
Yeah... that's a good point.
There's something wrong with my suspension, so I was trying to see if I could get the wishbone out: I've stripped the thread off one of the bolts; can't get both the bolts for the ARB back in; and couldn't get the droplinks undone anyway.
So much stuff is just rust-welded together, especially if they've ever been off-road.

This might have been a nice bullet dodge!
Who did you buy yours from was it some one on here? if you need a front roll bar theres one at the back of my shed your welcome to:thumbsup:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I bought my R from a guy in Herefordshire - he's on the other site, but I don't know about this one.
I think he bought it, then spent on it and his other half cracked the shits... so he on-sold it. There's a fair amount of muck up in the panels and behind the bumper, it has a close-ratio box and a guard over the rear dif... and it has NISSAN in big letters that have been painted-over on the bonnet. I think someone was racing it at some point, and it may have been ralleying.

It looks like it's had a solid bash to the near-side suspension, but I can't really see what's out of alignment. The tyre place suggested swapping the ARB, but I'm not convinced that a bent ARB is my problem. I think a wishbone is more likely.
It's stupid really, because I only noticed the problem because I put the wrong size tyres on... I can't take them back because the tryre place say that it's my suspension causing the problem not the tyres they fitted. I might just wait until my wife isn't looking and buy a cheap set of rims with rubber on them if I can't sort it out easily or cheaply.

I'm trying to get hold of Shaun to see if he has one (a wishbone) because I know he has a 1990 Pulsar in pieces in the garden at his parent's place. I'm still waiting on my last purchase from Martyn because there seem to be problems getting things shipped here from Scotland.

If you think it's good and straight (the ARB), I guess it can't hurt to try.

geoff pine

It came of mine and was on it till i changed it for a whiteline one (bought in a group buy some time ago) so there are no problems with it . I would think is wishbone or strut or both at least you can compare the two bars.

smoked

pobody, if you live in scotland speak to vss irvine he will have everything you want. and if you live close to irvine = jackpot

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
No - Deeside as in Flintshire/Cheshire (near the Airbus factory), not the river Dee in Scotland.
I've already got some stuff coming from Martyn, but it's been coming for quite some time. - There have been a few problems will the mail service between Scotland and North Wales.

P

pulsarboby

i was in buckley yesterday picking a car up (14 hour round trip for me:doh: ) i would have bought one with me if i had known, and had a quick look at your motor for you!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Crap!

Who were you visiting, not GTi-R23?
I know that there's a couple of others in Buckley (all black), but I don't know what state they're in or who owns them.

P

pulsarboby

not to worry im not gonna break that one either, im getting cheesed off with stripping them all so would now rather concentrate my efforts on reselling quality cars as they are now becoming far and few between!

only those that are worthy of being ripped apart will be stripped, unless of course they dont sell, then i have no alternative other than to strip them of their assets lol