extreme heat! non R

Dooie Pop Pop

a friend who i owe a few favours to has asked me if i can find out why the engine bay in his saab turbo (possibly a 900, its quite old) is so hot :? he' s a petrol head anyway but this is his first turbo.
when i say hot i mean i put my hand on the battery and that was hot too :shock: the rocker covers untouchable, even the front slam panel is hot :?

he' s had problems with it like the head gasket and some other minor bits so i was thinking the hg was pointing at another problem. the engines still running clean, revs and runs fine with no oil/water cross contamination :?

the fans arn' t on all the time and like i said it runs sweet so what could it be? oil blockage? surely its not normal to be that hot :?

thanks in advance for your help :D

Stu

O

Odin

I'v had 4 saab turbo's and never had this problem with any of them :? .

I had 8v 99 turbo/8v 900 turbo/8v 900 turbo and last but not least 16v 900 turbo.

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

vpulsar said:
I'v had 4 saab turbo's and never had this problem with any of them :? .

I had 8v 99 turbo/8v 900 turbo/8v 900 turbo and last but not least 16v 900 turbo.

rob
ok so i' ll tell Andy this and see what he says, cheers :D

water pumps new as is thermsostat :? the water system has been pressure tested by saab and given the aok :? the only thing i can see i dont like is the exhaust manifold and turbo have no heatshielding but the heat seems to extreme for that :?