External wg on std turbo

hi everybody;)
I want install a tubolar manifold and welding a separate piping for the external wg..and close the internal wastegate..
what do you thinks about this mod?

38mm external wastegate is good second you?

you advise me to do myself a piping and install a external wg on std turbo or buy am-performance elbow with screamer and interlal wg?
attend your reply
thanks
bye

GTIR-LOZ

if its the standard turbo i wouldnt waste your money its alot to spend out on for minimal gains

if you really want to do one then i would go for the am elbow but not with screamer pipe as its too annoying for regular use they do one that enters back in lower down the elbow

MORF114

I hate the screamer sound especially if your window is open and the guy your racing has a screamer pipe its ear peircingly loud.

If you can do all the pipeing and welding yourself do it yourself all my x/wastegate and exhaust was fabricated/welded up and installed by me much more satisfying than giving the job to someone else if you can do it yourself.

lots of R's or i should say most std turbo cars here in nz have ex/ wastegates fitted rather than internal god knows why, people love the sound of them over here.

Adam L

The main reason you ONLY see large turbo's running external wastegates is because the housings aren't big enough to hold an internal wastegate to bleed off the exhaust gasses. If you measure up a stock internal wastegate to an external, you'll realise the difference in size, and why it's needed. You'll get overboosting and spiking constantly.

It's a complete waste of time on a stock turbo.

stumo

Adam L said:
The main reason you ONLY see large turbo's running external wastegates is because the housings aren't big enough to hold an internal wastegate to bleed off the exhaust gasses. If you measure up a stock internal wastegate to an external, you'll realise the difference in size, and why it's needed. You'll get overboosting and spiking constantly.

It's a complete waste of time on a stock turbo.
...but he likes the SOUND :doh: what a fcukwit