Exhaust Wrapping?

A

Anonymous

Hey all once again I'm calling on the knowledge........

I keep hearing people talking about exhaust wrapping that keeps the heat in and increases performance? is this true and if so anyone know where to get hold of it and how much it costs?

Many Thanks in advance guys,

Nick :) .

G

gotoinstant-redline

well you hear a lot of things while your out and about..

i hear that this is true.. but also i hear that if the gas is too hot it will cause problems of its own. like if you slow down after a hard blast you will lose power due to lack of back presure.

i dont really know my exhaust stuff too well, but this is what i have heard.
a lot of people just wrap the part of the exhaust that is in the engine bay.. too keep under bonnet temps down.

L.

Keira

I've done my manifold, was going to do the front pipe aswell but thats gettting changed in the very near future hopefully :) so i'll do it then.

I got mine from demon tweeks was a 2 inch by 50ft roll cant remember how much it was, weren't cheap though :(

You'd be better off with 1 inch for the manifold cos i had to cut mine in half thus turning it into 1 inch and it frayed, cant see it under the heat sheild though so i'm not worried :) You will need to get the manifold off to lag it.

Dont think you're ever going to get any wonderfull performance gains from it but it does keep under bonnet temps down and my oil temp which used to stay at 90 degrees when poodling is now 85 degrees so its obviously doing something.

P.s It smokes like a f*cker and stinks as it cures when you first drive with it on.

Si..

i've just bought the 50ft, 1inch stuff and it was £46 to my door from demon tweeks, car's still being put together so i cant comment on what its like.