Estimate on Horse power and 1/4 mile time

B

beast14

I just wanted to know if anyone can tell what would be my hp. at max. boost and also what kinda time should i be doing down the 1/4 mile?? (taking into account the fact that i live in trinidad)......just looking for a rough idea cause i'll be timing it soon but i might run a couple guys before that and they're doing 12.8secs, so i just wanted a lil idea if possible.........and oh, one other thing.....how significant a differance would it make if one were to run a car in australia/england or maybe even japan and then run the same car in the tropics.....reason i'm asking is because some persons say it could be as much as a whole second differance.....is that true???.....

My car specs. -
Denso Iridium Spark Plugs (IK22)
JVC Performance Spark Plug Wires
Bleed Valve (max. 17psi) – to be replaced by a Turbo XS manual Boost Controller to run about 18-20psi.
Turbo XS BOV Type H
Front mounted Intercooler (standard)
ACT 6pock Clutch and Xtreme P/Plate

B

beast14

forgot to mention that i've also installed an intank fuel pump from a 300zx twin turbo........

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you show no mercy you should be able to make 12.8s too. It'll depend how hot it is outside as that will cost you power.

You'd be lucky to get a whole second difference between a very cold day here and a very hot day there, but that'd be on a big power car that might be losing 50bhp, but even I think that's a little extreme and not too likely.

A

Anonymous

I wouldnt run that much boost with that spec.

You need to sort the fueling buy fitting a chip or an electronic fuel controller. If you dont you will end up melting a piston. :(

Andy

A

Anonymous

R called jay runs consistant 12.7's- 12.8's,with around 270-280 bhp.that is with a 6 grand launch,and stiff as u like coilovers,which play a big part.

NISR227

Huge temperature differences will always change power and the suface grip, and therefore effect the times.

Its worth noting though, I've heard many times that there is a difference betwen 1/4miles set in the UK compared to the USA and Japan, something about difference lengths even though there are both surposed to be a 1/4mile. I don't know how much truth there is in this, but it was even mentioned to me by someone who held a world record time.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think it's Austrailia where they reckon some of the strips are only 400m, where as ours should be 1/4mile (402.25m?)

D

DodgeT

based on a 13sec 1/4 mile, the time diff between a 400m & 402m run would be approx 0.07 sec :)

ive heard also about the 1/4 miles not being the same... cant remember what the answer is tho, i think it might of been 400yds as opposed to 400 metres or somethin :? :?

im going back to sleep now :)