errr have i messed up 'overboost' ???

G

GTIRnick

hi dudes,

im not sure i've done this correct, i have fitted a r spec manual boost controller to my R and have (what i think) wound it all the way out so as not to start too high a boost pressure and I can't work out what i have done wrong? I was trying to set the boost to just under 1 bar or there abouts 14 ish psi boost.

i have plumbed in a seperate boost gauge which was showing 11psi on wot (wide open throttle) in 4th gear on standard boost.

when i plumbed in the manual boost controller (as per fitting instructions) from the actuator pipework the correct way round the boost is way to high it goes past 15psi and i had it briefly for split second up to 20psi :shock: :shock: :shock: whooo backed off imediately!!
i tried to wind it further out and it is still over boosting I then took the valve off and inspected it and made sure the ball bearing and spring were not sticking or bent spring etc, but can't find anything wrong the only thing i think may be causing this is i have left the standard boost solenoid plumbed in etc would this cause too much boost??

have i had a homer simpson moment??

please help

regards

nick

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
With my Dawes device, you remove the t piece going to the solenoid/actuator and put the controller in it's place, then blank off the line from the boost solenoid.
You could try it that way and see if it works.

Failling that, you may have a faulty controller:?

azboy

my m8 got a cheap dawes device which he has to slighly cut down the legnth of spring as it was over boosting only 1 coil.