Engine wiring loom -what do I need?

nik0lai

Hi there!

I'm new on this forum, so I hope this is the right place to post this.

I bought a GTiR frontcut, and rear suspension thats going in my March(Micra) ANK11 4wd.

But I'm wondering how much of the wiring loom I need to get the engine running with the original ECU.I've taken out the engine with the engine wiring loom. But then I see that the o2 sensor is connected to the enginebay wiring loom. Do I need (some?) of this wiring loom aswell?

Thanks.

Last edited:

williams

if i was doing that conversion id probably just bin the standard loom and ecu. id prefer to make a new loom and use an omex or megasquirt. that way your can get the wiring and sensors down to only the essentials needed to run the engine, without your standard ecu throwing up fault codes.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I think you need most of the loom if you're sticking with the original ECU. - There are a few quirks that it might have though; without a speed sensor it may decide to cut the ignition for example.

nik0lai

I was hoping to use the origial ECU with Nistune.. Was hoping to make my loom looking like this Datusun 510 SR20DET RWD loom:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
What are the "labelled" wires for? That's the cabin side of the loom; you've already go that haven't you?

I still think you need the speed link from the clocks to prevent it for cutting the power on you, but you might be able to turn that off in Nistune... probably not though because it does still have the limits of the standard ECU.