Engine too cold?

Hi all, just need some guidance on something please chaps :-D
I fitted an uprated rad ages ago now and a Nismo stat. In the summer everything was fine but now its winter, my engine hardly warms up much; i can drive to work (30 mins) and the engine coolant is only at 1/4 (about 60 i think datascan displayed) and the oil only gets to about 75. Its freezing in the mornings and all i want to do is put my heaters on and be warmed up, but the rad seems too efficient and is cooling coolant too much.
As far as the engine is concerned, if it isn't warmed up enough the oil is not going to be warmed up enough, especially if im running 15w50. Oil man told me with this oil its important to make sure shes hot first before giving it some.
I think i have two options;

1. Put a standard stat back in (Nismo one opens early)
2. Change the oil to a oil that is a bit lighter at cooler temps (5W40 for example?)

What do you all reckon?

Cheers guys.

Jonesy

Cover the front of rad to stop the air flowing through it should raise the temps a bit. Just remember to remove it once it gets a bit warmer outside or you give it some stick.

Change the stat for a standard one for the winter, then swap it back in the summer
Or you could just cover up half of the rad if prevously said.