Engine temp

Mr GTiR

A bit of a strange one but under hard acceleration my temp guage goes from half way (normal) to reading cold. I've checked on the PFC hand controller and it's reading about 78 degrees but on the clocks it reads cold! When i back off the gas it returns to the normal position.

My car runs with no grill to get the max amount of cold into the engine bay.

Anyone else had this problem before or know what it could be?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Remember there are 2 different temp sensors.. 1 for the ECU and 1 for the dash gauge.. will just be a fault with the sensor or gauge

neil240z

RishiGTiR said:
Remember there are 2 different temp sensors.. 1 for the ECU and 1 for the dash gauge.. will just be a fault with the sensor or gauge
yep Rishi is correct Andy, they sit next to each other on the back of the engine, the ECU one is the blue plug and the temp guage is the black and yellow single wire.
Hope its not the sensor, you give me one a few months ago...... :(

Neil

antgtir

Defo sounds to me more like an electrical fault andy, if it was mechanical, you would see the high temps pretty much all the time regardless of how hard you ran the car.

It is a pain all the same and wont help if you really need that temp needle to be correct :/ speedo out and see if there's the obvious and what the guys above have said..........................apart from the FooFoo Valve (gets everywhere that damn thing :lol: ) good luck.

Ant.