Engine Rock (movement)

A

Anonymous

Specificaly for those running big power or extrenal waste gate.

I have been suffering from craking manifold for months. I had notices a slight engine rock/shudder when stationary and the radiator fan kicked in, but it took a northaner to find and fix my problem.

Turns out that the std nissan bush - bottom front engine mount - is crap. This is in the mount from below the engine joining the cross member in like a V. Garage removed the bar a remade a support containing a solid bush.

Anyone else needing this or experiancing this problem ? Mechanic said he will remove mine and build me a total fresh one over the weekend, so I will take pics etc.

HTH

Si.

I just filled my mounts with liquid urethane and am very happy with how it turned out almost looks like a professional job :? (These are the three main round type bush mounts). I only did two of them tho as i was to lazy to pull the other one out which looked like a bit of a mish.

I also modified the dogbone mounts (the two small ones under the radiator and on the firewall).

I just bent a strip of aluminium in a U shape and put it in the gap in the rubber (this made an amazing difference to how the car responds). And then filled it with some rubber glue to hold it all together. Pretty ghetto but it works good.

For the urethane rubber compound just goto google and type int urethane 80a and you'll get heaps of info on how to do it all.