engine rebuild

Carlb

hi iam rebuilding my engine after it spinning a big end bearing i bought a new crank and con rod and bearings and i was wondering what to do about the oil pump i was wondering if any body know anything about uprated one as i have spoken to norris design and they suggested just to put washers in the release valve would this be ok? as i thought it would only up the pressure not the flow! does anybody know of any uprated ones or isnt there any point? thanks carl

ashills

from memeory u need to get the lash measured on the pump gears to see whether they need replacing or not and check the cover is flat
flow pressure wise its more than upto the job

Carlb

thanks for the help i will check it tomorrow i hope its ok! new gears probably aint cheap! :)

ki_saj_ng

Carlb said:
thanks for the help i will check it tomorrow i hope its ok! new gears probably aint cheap! :)
as far as i know its about £80ish for a set of gears, its worth replacing them but if your current ones are ok then thats 80 you got to spend on summat else :D

Carlb

well took the cover of the pump today not good! the gears were badly pitted with with copper specs all over them which would not come off also where the midlle gear locates and the outer gear locates were badly scored gear + casing :( a second opinion said to get a complete pump what do you all rekon?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I would replace the lot mate.

Before you part with a load of ££££ though, I'd see if someone on here has a good spare oil pump cover and then just buy the new rotors to fit that, otherwise buy it all new :? :shock: from Nissan.