Engine rebuild people...

T

Toady

when youve rebuilt your engines, its obviously a good idea to replace the rubber coolant hoses on the back of the block. Have any of you managed to get a set of silicone ones made up? if so where did you get them from and how much? cheers! 8)

Moved to Regular servicing

MarkTurbo

I doubt you'd have to get them made specially, you can buy silicon hoses in various angles, diameters and leg lengths from Samco or SFS :wink:

Mr GTiR

it's not worth it mate:

a) you won't see them
b) some of them are really odd shapes
c) if you wanted the standard hoses to be copied it would cost you an arm and a leg for the jiggs!! It's only £53 for all 5 hoses from Nissan :wink:

let me know if you want the part numbers 8)

Mr GTiR

The receipt for the rebuild is in my car. Can someone please pm me in a few days if i have not posted them up cos i have a memory like a gold fish and 1 lap of the gold fish bowl and i'm f00ked!

T

Toady

yeah i know you wont see them, its not that reason why i wanted silicone ones, its just that they are stronger, so it'll be one less thing to worry about. ill find out if i can get some, and let people know the prices etc, if its much more then ill just get the standard ones! cheers!

Mr GTiR

As requested here are the part numbers for the 6 hoses round the back of the block. Deffo worth changing if your engine is out - just ask Uncle Winnet :wink:

N1405660U08 - £9.14
N1405554C06 - £12.79
N1405554C01 - £5.20
N1405640P13 - £2.13
N1405654C01 - £8.22
N1405654C05 - £9.90

Total - £47.38

ex-gtir

dont know why everyone worries about these pipes they hardly ever go if it was down to you lot a clutch change would cost a fortune
1: replace master cylinder
2:replace knock sensor
3:replace water pump
4:replace starter motor
5:replace speedo drive
6:replace water pipes
7:clean replace idle control valve
8:replace cltch fork
9:replace clutch pivot
10:etc etc etc etc
:roll: :wink:
just do the clutch otherwise the guy fitting will be working till christmas lol

MarkTurbo

ex-gtir said:
dont know why everyone worries about these pipes they hardly ever go if it was down to you lot a clutch change would cost a fortune
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unless anything is actually broken or visibly worn i always chuck my engine back in the way it came out :wink:

If it aint broke dont fix it :lol:

T

Toady

if theyre over 10years old and slightly perished...its deffo worth while replacing them aint it! :roll: after all, why rebuild an engine with forged pistons so you can run more boost/power, and skimp on hoses? :wink:

JIMMYBACK

Toady said:
if theyre over 10years old and slightly perished...its deffo worth while replacing them aint it! :roll: after all, why rebuild an engine with forged pistons so you can run more boost/power, and skimp on hoses? :wink:
pikeys :shock: :twisted: :roll: :wink:

Mr GTiR

When my engine was out all mine seemed ok but i got new ones for piece of mind. I have no intentions of taking the engine out in the near future, unless my gear box explodes :? :p

N

Norfy

have been looking into replacing all the hoses behind the inlet manifold whilst i have it off.

looking a bit on the expensive side tho.

am up to about £150 on hoses that u cant even see! but its just a peace of mind thing.

Mr GTiR

there'sno need to do the vacum hoses. Just do the water ones as if they fail your engine is f0oked.