#1, 160 psi
#2, 160 psi
#3, 160 psi
#4, 170 psi

So as you can see im gutted its not the pistons :p

:whoo: Not bad for a 40K 12yr engine!

So it apears to be the bottom end as everything else above it is ruled out,

What action should i take now :help:

Sump off for a look? or as ive never inspected a crank before only on my old engine leave it in to get the shells replaced and new ARP's fitted?

Ohh what else do i have to change seal/gasket wise? (Yes im being tight and only replacing what i have too)

Cheers JP

J

jpward

Humm dont have a tester only just got a compression tester :oops: not such items i ever intend to use much :roll:

But the mechanics opinion was that if the manuel says its 164 at new and <130 odd's when nackered then he was happy enough it wasnt pistion related so am i now assuming correctly that the ring lands may still produce a minimal leak causing a knocking at >2k&<4k Rpm yet no noticeable loss of power????

:?

kirko

you can pour some oil directly into the bores through the spark plug holes, that will tell you if you are losing compression from the pistons or the valves but if you have got good results like you have thats not going to help so ignore this post buddy

cheers
(a slightly pissed)

david

J

jpward

kirko said:
you can pour some oil directly into the bores through the spark plug holes, that will tell you if you are losing compression from the pistons or the valves but if you have got good results like you have thats not going to help so ignore this post buddy

cheers
(a slightly pissed)

david
:lol: Quality mate i even read that with a slur :p