engine piping up

M

mark gtir

Hope this doesn't seem like a stupid question but here it goes:
ok here it is a picture of my engine in the final stages of building bought the block already modified and stripped down as it had spun a bearing(now completly rebuilt) now since it was so modified and stripped before I owned it I don't know where everything goes have all alloy tanks etc. any ideas if there is some sort of diagram for these things. I have the standard manual but my aftermarket parts i cant fig out where everything goes and how to plumb them in ie help such as how to fit the dump valve etc. of fit the alloy headder tank would be usefull or if you see soething missing any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mark gtir

oh yeah engine bay pics of similar set up's would be great thank you!!!!

PulsarTom

Just right of the intercooler pipe coming off your turbo there is a pipe, above that should have been a black catch can (oil seperator) i think it is, so that pipe there pointing towards front of engine connected into bottom of black can. Off the top of that black can a pipe ran across your leads and into the bottom part of the t-piece pipe coming off right top of rocker cover. The other piece on the t-piece which is the only one left, runs back down into your induction or catch can if you had one, which could be that bit of pipe sticking out of induction pipe maybe?

M

mark gtir

Thanks(pulsartom and saddler) for the help it s comin together a little better now

M

mark gtir

ok i'll get a picture of the cans i have left and post that as i dunno what they do might help in the mystery

Animaldaz

Have a look on the spec R site, that has some engine bay pics http://www.spec-r.co.uk/
The top left one looks like the washer bottle, the right one is the oil breather tank, not too sure about the other one but it also looks like a catch tank or possibly a swirl pot.

R

riske

yeah what animal said and i think its a swirl pot for the rad...

PulsarTom

The centre photo is a catch can aint it and the right hand photo? If its the catch can, the pipe from rocker cover that went down to your airfilter pipe put that in catch can and other hose coming off catch can place a little k&n filter to vent to atmosphere?! Think thats correct, please correct me if wrong, as i needed a catch can and this was the information i was provided.