engine oil

H

hijacker1

could sum1 plz tell me were the nut is to drain the engine oil or do i just have to take the oil filter off?not 2 sure. :?

JU5TY

There is a bolt on the sump (sump plug), under the engine.

You cant drain the oil via the oil filter!

JU5TY

Its on the sump! :wink:

The sump is like a black pan and is bolted to the bottom of the engine. The sump plug is on the side of the sump. Dont get it confused with the gearbox drain plug.

It should be obvious if you look under the car! If you still cant find it, maybe leave it for a pro.

J

J-GTi-R

geetee said:
You can if you run the engine after removing the oil filter ;)

NOOOO DON'T!!!

Cheers
GeeTee 8)
PMSL... don't even joke about that shit, someone WILL do it, lol!!!

Cris

J-GTi-R said:
geetee said:
You can if you run the engine after removing the oil filter ;)

NOOOO DON'T!!!

Cheers
GeeTee 8)
PMSL... don't even joke about that s**t, someone WILL do it, lol!!!
What are you lot on about. I always run the engine after draining the oil. Then I fill the sump with sand to collect the last few drips of old oil. Run the engine some more, then put the new oil in.

It doesn't take the engine long to grind up the sand then you're back in business :wink:

J

J-GTi-R

What are you lot on about. I always run the engine after draining the oil. Then I fill the sump with sand to collect the last few drips of old oil. Run the engine some more, then put the new oil in.

It doesn't take the engine long to grind up the sand then you're back in business
PMSL even more (please stop!! :lol: :lol: ).

E

Edd

I always heard that after you've drained your oil, you should put in a jam jar of ball bearings, run the engine for 10mins, drain excess content, refill with oil and then away you go :?:

Cris

Edd said:
I always heard that after you've drained your oil, you should put in a jam jar of ball bearings, run the engine for 10mins, drain excess content, refill with oil and then away you go :?:
Oh I guess that gives a higher quality response what with ball bearings being better than sand.

I'll try that one next time. Cheers for the tip!

E

Edd

well they do say ball bearing turbos are better, so maybe best to put 2 jam jars of ball bearings in the engine :D

coxie

lol pmsl reading this...have to be careful though as some people might follow this advice :roll: :roll: :shock: