Engine cutting out

R

riske

Hey peeps,

This isnt for a GTiR but its still a nissan. My mate has just put in a new GT28 in his 200sx s13. He gave it a run in for couple hundred miles and now when he goes over 6000 revs the engine dies. ignition lights come on and thats it. He has a uprated fuel pump, new sparks, new stage 2 chip.

He has posted this on the sx forums etc but i said i would ask some people with some brains;-)

So guys and gals... any ideas???

GTIR-LOZ

it poss could be that his throttle pedal is chafing one of the wires in the fuse box such as the fuel pump if its in the same place as the R mine did that it was a pain to find i would not of thought its anything to do with the turbo, can his ecu do fault diagnosis like ours i.e with the paper clip trick if so what does it come back as?

R

riske

Whats the paper clip trick? Yeah he has the diagnostic thingy so should be able to check. Ill let him know. cheers

GTIR-LOZ

you can bridge out 2 of the diagnostic ports on the obd connector and the engine light flashes giving you your fault codes do a search and all will be revealed

R

riske

Ah cool cheers mate. Just done some reasearch and i'm armed with a paperclip!!! lol
Hopefully the codes are the same.

ollydj

hi mate, how much boost is it running? is it the right amount for the chip? wots the chip mapped to.check the afr's

R

riske

The whole engine cuts out randomly at any revs now. Its not running much boost as he is still running it in. stage 2 chip can take it up to 18psi safely he is below that atm. Did a diagnostic and it came back 55 so all fine...