Engine bearings help needed!

RO_SUNNY

Ok guys
I am confused.....which main&conrod bearings I should buy?
What's the difference between H and Hx? Between coated or non coated?

*Please help!

If I recall correctly H are for standard crank, Hx are for ground cranks and come in different sizes depending on the required clearance

Mr B

On ACL you can find both H or HX in STD size.....:(
The X give slightly more clearance over the H in standard size, you need do your measurements & get the shell thicknesses for H & X and select ones that give clearance desired for your build spec.
Obviously if you grindng crank you can control the desired oil clearance while if staying standard the HX allows slightly larger oil clearance for high temp/rpm builds .

Last edited:

red reading

The point of it is you won't know which you need till you buy a set and fit them and measure the crank and the bearings fitted with plastigauge......so buy the std h and go from there, you normally find with a bit of juggling around you can get them in spec on these engines, nissans bearings are graded and to work the sizes out on a fresh engine they had markings on the crank and block to give you the sizes needed, make sure you check the rods and mains to see if they are out of round before you fit the bearings.

RO_SUNNY

.....Now I have spoken to the guys at FR Sport and they gave me also an Easter discount.
The price shipped to Romania will be 136 GBP....which is cheap.

The machinist inspected and verified the crank and told that is like new and spot on.
He told me that he will give the crank a really soft polish.

Therefore please advice if these ACL Bearings will suit my needs.
Please note that these are the prices without shipping.

These are the H type bearings

These are the HX type bearings

They don't have the Calico coated bearings.

Please help asap guys!

RO_SUNNY

Cheers Danny!

And thanks again for your help!

I allready ordered them from FR Sport in the USA....
They were approx. 140 GBP with shipping included! Brilliant isn't it?