Engine back in, but what have i missed?

ChrisS

Got my engine back in and connected up today, but when trying to start it theres no life. Lights, windows ect all work fine, so theres power there somewhere. One thing ive noticed is the ABS light comes on but then immediately flickers twice and goes out. This is accompanied by what sounds like a relay clicking twice. Checked round and all the connectors appear to be where they should be. Cant help but think (or hope) that ive missed something simple. Any suggestions welcome.

P

pulsarboby

have you put the earths back on top of the inlet plenum?
are all wires connected to the battery as they should be?
is the alternator wire connected?
also earth strap to thermostat housing?

sounds like one of those is amiss, thats assuming all the wires big one to starter and small one to solenoid are connected of course!

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
theres 2 plugs (2 pin plugs I think) on the engine loom that are the same, I think it's the one that goes to the spade on top of the gearbox case and the one that goes to the TPS (throttle position sensor) plug.

Have you got these 2 mixed up

ChrisS

Earths on plenum, thermostat and alternator definatly connected.
Cant remember touching the ones to the starter when it came out to be honest.
Will try and see if ive got those other 2 crossed over.
It does almost seem like somethings tripping out when i turn the ignition on though.

Cheers

P

pulsarboby

if its not turning over then it wont be the dizzy and reverse plug, as engine will still turn over if they are ass about face!

you have something not connected or connected wrongly on the starter ignition circuit

stumo

Check that the main lead to the starter motor is connected at both ends, also check that the big connector on the passenger side is connected and that the connector that links the ecu loom and engine loom are connected.