Engine Advantages

boucherie

Just wanted to say that these blokes couldnt have been more helpful today when me and my mate went down for a power fc remap. before anyone says that they cant do pulsars on the power fc, they can.

We decided to stick with the stock maf as i wanted a fairly quick car but keep my options open for maybe fitting a map sensor later on.

after having a couple of problems with blowing hoses off while making 335bhp we made sure everything was tightened up nice and tight and i got a figure of 358.4bhp @ 5938rpm and 330.6lb/ft @ 5503rpm which im more than happy with.

Thats with stock maf, stock internals, stock gearbox, stock elbow & full goose, Power FC & AVC-R set to 1.2B, 800cc injectors, gt3071, stainless steel manifold, FMIC.

This has now given me a decent base from which to build from but nothing will happen for a while as i want to enjoy things as ive already had a play with a vanquish on the way home and he didnt draw much distance and he was giving it some!!

for the record my mates st205 gt4 made 335bhp on power fc base map and when upped to 1.2B with 800cc injectors, hks cams (already fitted for base map), TD06 Turbo, custom intake manifold, FMIC he peaked at 403.9bhp but had it wound back to 380bhp to preserve things

Cheers once again to a top set of blokes and one of the lads has a pulsar but forgot to ask his forum name :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tro||

boucherie said:
for maybe fitting a map sensor later on.
didn't think you could fit a map sensor with a power fc on a gtir ??????

boucherie

were going to be looking into it as it can be done on skylines and stuff so no real reason why it cant be done on pulsars, just depends how deep your pockets are!!

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
boucherie said:
were going to be looking into it as it can be done on skylines and stuff so no real reason why it cant be done on pulsars, just depends how deep your pockets are!!

Well thats because they use the D-Jetro version of the PowerFC...

The D-Jetro isn't available for the GTiR... Although you can use the 200SX D-Jetro rewire a few things or just change the ignition system on the GTiR... That would work...

There is another way around it but i can't remember it too well... Was speaking to Andy Forrest a while back on the phone and he mentioned a method he and the scoobies have used... Really can't remember much about it though... Some trickery with voltages... I could be way off but it was defo a solution to this subject...

Rishi

boucherie

its not something thats going to happen for a few months so plenty of time for research!!

Last edited by a moderator:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Theres no map sensor options within the PFC software. Like Rishi says the skyline version is D-Jetro version of the PowerFC and has the option of using a map sensor as standard. You would either have to change your PFC to a 200sx version and rewire it to suit the GTIR or you could attemp to change the complete ignition system on the GTiR.

Like you say, deep pockets..................and no real gain for all the hard work.

If you really want to go to a map sensor only (can't see the point myself) it would be easier just to buy an AEM ecu or something that takes a map sensor off the shelf (e manage ultimate).

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
boucherie said:
i got a figure of 358.4bhp @ 5938rpm and 330.6lb/ft @ 5503rpm which im more than happy with.
Nice one matey :thumbsup:

Out of interest the 1.2Bar setup, is that at the turbo or atthe manifold? Is it peak or is it constant? I'm asking because of my thread on the turbo elbow and trying to understand what mine is doing. Its not going on a Dyno for a month or so.

boucherie

hi mate, the 1.2 is a constant figure and doesnt drop off too much, as for where ist reading it from its set up on the avcr, so i presume its the turbo figure and not the manifold, but dont quote me!