Emerald ECU's?!

R

*Red*

http://www.jkm.org.uk/emerald.htm

Heya guys,

Not been on here in a few weeks as work's just been so manic. Car is FINALLY going into Olly's this weekend and I can't wait! After that, she's going to go and see Ed @ Fusion Motorsport for the injectors and Greddy eManage to be fitted.

However, a few people have really made me question the Greddy now and I'm a bit worried that I should be going for something.. I don't want to say better... but..

A couple of people have suggested the Emerald ECU - but I've never heard of it, don't know if I can get it for the R, if it's any good for the R, etc..

Can anyone give me any advice/help on this please?!

xx

Keira

emerald will require a custom loom and basemap from scratch, it is not a direct plug in

Last edited:
R

*Red*

Okay...

What are general opinions on Greddy e-manage then? I know I've asked before but now I'm just a little thrown with what to do and I'm a bit hesitant.. :(

PaulB

The Emanage will do everything you want and more.

Sort the fuelling to match the new injectors and can match bigger air flow meters.

Some big bhp cars use emanage no probs.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Its only ever as good as the person mapping it! You could have a Motec in there but with the wrong mapper its a £2700 pile of poo!

Have a good think about what you need from an ECU and then go from there..

Rishi

N

norshus

Emerald are based near where i live.

I was looking into getting one of these ECU's as they are known for being very good. When i was asking about this at Emerald they told me that they would need a Loom and base map but also they would only map the car if i bought the ECU from them.

They do a lot of work on lotus cars.

http://www.emeraldm3d.com/em_k3.html

I know you can buy the ECU's elsewhere but not sure how well other tuners can map.

Fusion Ed

You don't need to question the ability of the e-manage system. They are indeed very good. Not perhaps the cheapest option, but its without doubt a proven product.

R

*Red*

Thanks everyone. See I was fine until other people starting piping up.. and then it threw me. Not really knowing much about this kinda thing, I started worrying.

I'm going to stick with the Greddy then :)