Emanage ultimate

nitrosgti-r

Ok all.

I have an Emanage Ultimate on its way and i have my first question for you..... (have searched)

I have an existing ECU with the mines daughter board in and also a standard one that isnt actually mine but which one would be best to use with the emu?? Would the daughter board conflict with anything etc??

Cheers in advance....

ChrisS

problem i see using one with a daughterboard already is that the emanage is altering the signel to the ecu, but the ecu's opperating is then also being altered by the daughterboard once the altered signel gets to it. Id stick with the standard ecu if it was me.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'd agree with that - the Emanage is expecting to be fooling a standard ECU rather than a Mines... although the Mines is quite a mild tune on it isn't it?

I'd stick with the standard ECU and an Emanage... or the Mines (but you can't play with that). I'm sure someone would be happy to get a Mines when they were expecting a standard ECU.

Fusion Ed

The e-Manage doesn't care. Ignoring the fact that the e-manage ultimate is pretty iffy in the reliability states you can make it work with anything even a power FC on a gtir if you were strange enough, weather it has a daughter board or not the e-manage is blind to it.

Mines is VERY mild tune. Comparing the maps on a mines to stock JDM there is very little difference at all to be honest. It makes sense to have it on a stock ecu if your going to have it on anything at all because if you need to change the tune then you may as well dump anything else that is already doing anything and sell them or whatever, unless the remapped ecu has higher rev limiter which you want then you would have to keep it etc..

In any case remap stock ecu will work for more consistently.

Ed

nitrosgti-r

Thanks for the replies guys.

Im not sure what sort of tune the mines daughter board offeres to be honest as i havnt had it tested or rigged up to a afr to measure fuel ratio's etc. I would like to keep the fact that it revs out at 8k ( altho its not the best for the engine ) but it does come in handy for the sprints i do. Does the emanage have a function to allow for higher revs??

I think i will listen to edd and i would agree that it would make for a more consistant tune and keep things more simple for my head to get around all the other joys and wonders of this new tuning world i am about to enter lol

I would also agree with PobodY that someone would prefere a mines chipped ecu in return for a stock one lol :)