emanage ignition harness wiring - help needed

B

beast14

I'm having serious problems wiring the ignition harness. The car just wouldn't start. We tried everything. We've been wiring the emanage to pin#1 and even tried running the wire direct to the distributor. What are we doing wrong? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Rgds,
Maurice

Nigell_d6

Hi,

I run with e-manage but was fitted for me, I am working on the car tomorow so will have a look see if I can find out any info, have you tried a search on here,

Regards

Nigel

B

beast14

Yes, I've tried a search but came up with nothing.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Nigell_d6

Hi,

Sorry didn't get back to you yesterday, but had, and still have my own problems, however have had a quick look today:

Looking at the connectors, which is not easy when all in situ as you probably know, assumimg that you have the same type of connectors, the standard ecu, pin 1 has a white and a blue wire going to it, the e-manage, the two connectors, top left of each have orange at first glance, I will delve deeper for you tomorow. However are you hard wiring from the emanage, I cant say as I didn't see it prior to fitting, or fit it for that matter, I assumed that it came with a piggy back connector between the ecu and loom, if you let me know then I can disentangle the wiring and let you know what colour wire connects to what.

Sorry for not much help yet but Ive spent the last two days searching for a vibration problem, drive shafts and prop shafts etc and not much skin left on my knuckles, might be worth having a chat with Tony or Mark at Abbey, they fitted mine so have all the wiring diagrams although they tend to only deal with customers these days,

Let me know if you are hard wiring or have a piggy back connector and I will have a good look tomorow.

Regards

Nigel

B

beast14

Thanks for the info thus far. Sorry to hear that u can't solve your vibration prob. yet. FYI - we got a vib. when our gearbox mount was busted. Dunno if this will help you but you can check.

We have cut the white wire coming out of pin#1 and have connected the two ends to the in and out wires from the emanage ignition harness. Still nothing. The engine would tumble but refuses to start.

I am quite anxious to hear from you as I am willing to try anything at this point. I hope that it's not a problem with the emanage itself.