electrical problem?

gtir bean

often when driving my r sitting at say 50mph and you put your foot down you feel it hesitate/hold back as it goes.when it does it going up a hill in 5th under load it feels like your going on and off the throtle.(feels like the timing is going +/-)im going to check the earths and the wiring for the fuel pump.any other ideas?its prety annoyong as it has no response when it does it but get it on full boost and it feels fine.

youngsyp

Have you checked the fuel filter ?

I had a similar problem, on part throttle, it would feel like a pulsing, like it's on boost and then not, very quickly. At WOT, it would seem to clear but, I could perceive that the edge was taken off the acceleration. I changed all the consumable ignition parts, I'd alread re-earthed my MAF and fuel pump and had a DIY earth bonding kit fitted. The MAF itself was very clean but, I cleaned it again with isopropyl alcohol and I reinforced the earth for the TPS. I also cleaned all the connectors I could find, again with alcohol.
Took the fuel filter off, let it drain and the fuel was clear as expected. Gave it a blow (against flow) and it felt like a blockage cleared, and all black silt came out. I then washed it out a bit with petrol (sucking it up and blowing it out) re-assembled and the car was as good as new again. I obviously ordered a new filter and it didn't come back (until recently but, again, it was the filter as, I always run the tank a bit low) !

gtir bean

sound like it might be that.i re earthed the maff and done rotor arm/cap etc and checked everything.ill get on this week and try it.