electrical and apexi power fc problem

john4688

hi first problem is with the electronics some times the car turms on and starts up fine. but other times the battery light comes on and it runs like a bag of shit miss fire and strugles to run! we have been throw the electics and cant find a fault any ideas?

The othe is with apexi power fc it went to be mapped the phoned me to get me to come pick it up because they couldnt do it! because its got a miss fire at around 2000rpm but i drove it home which is about 10 miles and it was fine any ideas?

Also they say that the power fc dosnt work with the z32 maf aparently i need the maf off a nissan skyline rb25?

Fusion Ed

z32 and pfc are fine. :) However stock ecu and z32 is better...

You need to do some tests with the car when its in the fault condition first measure the battery voltage and see whats going on

gtirjoey

Also they say that the power fc dosnt work with the z32 maf aparently i need the maf off a nissan skyline rb25?[/QUOTE said:
z32 works fine with apexipfc mate at least mine does:der:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Obvious things first.
Have you configured the Z32 MAF in the PFC
Have you ste the injector size in the PFC
Have you switched off the boost controller in the PFC (car will barely start with this)
If all this is done correctly, the car should idle fine and driving around gently will be fine.
If it is setup correctly and deoesn't work then look to the Crank angle sensor first. The PFC is more sensitive to signal noise fro mthis than the standard ECU so can cause issues.

What I can't understand is your mechanic says it doesn't work and you drove it home for 10 miles without any problems?

If he's got an issue at 2Krpm and you have a PFC pro then you might find your launch control is set at 2K so the car won't rev past this when not moving.

I'd follow Stu's advice and take it elsewhere.