Electric windows problem

T

ted

Electric windows seem to have stopped working on both doors. I have tested all the fuses - all okay. Anyone got any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks.

j10gtr

More than likly the window switch in the drivers door card its well known for failure. There was a guy offering a repair sevice for these switch units but i cant remember his name try doing a search it should turn somthing up.

Thanks
Paul

A

Anonymous

hi mate the guy you are looking for is called si cranmer, my switch packed up, very helpful guy and my windows are working perfectly!
Jeff

A

Anonymous

do all of the rockers still work OK ? It was usualy the pins that broke and I have these but dont have a full replacement unit at the moment [:(]

if not U have 2 options.

1 remove the switch from the door and check the connections R in ok and that the pins have power to them. If you R brave you can seperate the plastic surround and check the circuit bord for components that have come loose.

2 remove the unit and send it too me. Cannot promise a fix but can clean it (see if that fixes it) and look for any blown components as specified above.

Si.

T

ted

Thanks for ur help mate. I had a look yesterday and it looks fine (to me!) I think i better send it to u to have a look. Can i have ur address and an estimate of the cost plz ??

A

Anonymous

79, Kings Dr
Stoke Gifford
Bristol
BS34 8RQ

Send it in a little box (with padding) & a cheque for £10 for return postage. I'll ring around local scrap yards and look for a replacement if u need it its wattever they charge £5-10 ish. OR check your local ones first. If you find one I can put them together to make 1 working one.

Si.

T

ted

I've checked two local breakers and both quoted me £75+vat. I'll try again 2moro. Thanks again for ur help and I'll contact u as soon as I get 1.

T

ted

Anyone who knows a good scrap place near Brighton, please text me on 07818021045. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

U want to ask for std sunny window unit as they just change the top cover and charge a mint for R ones.

Si.