Electric Window Problem - Goes down, but not up.

Trondelond

So - car is finally running smoothly, but as I started it, the right hand window went down by itself. My passenger side that is.

When I try to get the window up, there is no response using either switch. But - on both switches - pressing down makes an audible relay click.

Tried measuring the plug for the window switch on the passenger side, and I'm getting power when pressing down, but not up. All fuses are fine, and I really don't see what I could have touched when fiddling with the FMIC.

Suggestions are more than welcome.

P

pulsarboby

it could be the main master switch on drivers door trond, this will also affect the passenger window.
remove the doorcard and take the two wires from the motor and run them direct to a battery to see if it goes up or down.
if it goes up then swap the two wires over on the battery and it should go down then.
if it does then its not a fault with the motor
so it could then either be the main switch or the wiring going to it, wires have a habit of getting broke or frayed where they come through the A pillar into the door itself, so remove the covering and take a good look at them.

Trondelond

Ok - so if the circuit is broken on the master switch it will result in the passenger side behaving in the same way? I did try to hook it up to the battery, but I must have messed it up, since it was a pretty weak battery. I'll take your tips to the garage next time. Thanks!

Trondelond

Ok, tested running a good battery directly to the window motor, and this worked. No problems running it up and down. So does that mean the main switch is gone?
I'm guessing the LHD/RHD ones are different, so it'll be hell to find one.

The ignition started to act up again, and the car died on me. Fiddled a bit with the engine to chassis ground, and it started without problems. Looks like I'll have to do something about it.