Electric Water Pump

bopper

the rad is in the boot now and im worried about the extended pipe run and the added water so was thinking inline pump

Last edited:

Keira

have a look on summit racing, everything you need is on there 8)

i will be running one but for a different reason ;)

Keira

im binning it, again for another reason

personally i think id get yours running with the standard pump and see what happens temp wise, if theres issues, go from there.

Trip

Keira said:
have a look on summit racing, everything you need is on there 8)

i will be running one but for a different reason ;)
I am smelling a chargecooler :p

Keira

nope, people in the states that race sr20s have tested the pumps on de's and found that at 6500ish flow from the pump is zero, due to cavitition, its known to happen on det's aswell. The gtir has a better pump but i doubt its that much better. My car will spend its entire time above 6500 rpm so the issue need sorting, hence electric pump

Keira

tomble said:
You're having it set to idle at that then? That cant be too great from a cold start?
know one likes a smart @rse ;)

idle will be whatever it needs to run at so it wont cut out and cold start does not really concern me tbh. If it needs some throttle to get it warm, no big deal. If i only get 100miles ( without it blowing up ) out of the engine, thats several dyno runs to tune and lets say 300 trips up the 1/4, which will take me at least 10 years to achieve i'd imagine ;) :lol: aslong it does what i intend it to do well, i am a happy man, it wont do it if water isn't actually flowing around the head and engine