electric water pump

the chief

has any one thougt of using an electric water and power steering pump? you would only need one belt for the alternater. theres some big power evos using them but i dont think any r's are using them. also has any one removed the standard oil cooler. if you were useing a seprate oil cooler shorely you wouldnt need the standard one? has any one take the standard one to bits?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
yup, Rob and I discussed the idea some time ago.

as you say there are some big power cars that use them although most of them are strip/track cars. Being electric there could be reliability issues with them being used on daily driver cars and the benefits would be minimal.

O

Odin

The trouble is that I just couldn't find a manual rack that fitted the R, I stripped all my PS stuff out and bought a N14 manual rack, But it doesn't fit the Gti-R at all, So had to refit everything.

As for the water pump it could be done but I don't feel that the gains and risk of unreliability is really worth the hassle.

In conclusion we've thought about it and discussed it in great detail over on the tech forum, And dismissed the idea as a waste of time for a road orientated car.

Rob