Electric Prob Please Help

samgtr

hello every one, hope everyones enjoying the bank holidays cause i havent!!!
yesterday the car just cut out, after some searching on the forum i cleaned the dizzie cap and rotor, wich started her straight away

but... then the ABS motor is continously on, it doesnt turn off, even when i switch off the car, it drains the battery empty, i have checked all fuses, and have temporarily removed the abs motor fuse so i can atleast drive the car

is this a common propb, or am i best off taking it to an electrician??? is there any danger driving without the abs mot/pump???

any help would be greatly appreciated

P

pulsarboby

hiya sam, you have a dead short there somewhere! check the abs relay! i think its under the bonnet but not 100% sure. possibly could be jammed open.
it could really be a fault anywhere other than that, and i would advise you consult an auto electrician to check it out for you, BUT it wont be cheap!!!
personally i would leave it disconnected

my abs has been disconnected since i bought the car (i dont like abs) the car will drive fine and brake fine with it disconnected;-)

samgtr

Thanks for the reply mate, iv driven around all day today with it disconnected and its driven fine and braked ok, the abs light has'nt stayed on after disconnecting which is strange.

mprice501

samgtr said:
Thanks for the reply mate, iv driven around all day today with it disconnected and its driven fine and braked ok, the abs light has'nt stayed on after disconnecting which is strange.
How did you disconnect the ABS and kept the dash warning light off? i need to know to pass my MOT.

P

pulsarboby

remove the bulb or link it to ignition warning light behind clocks