Ecu

REDTOm

just pulled the lid off an old ecu i have and found a small daughterboard inside when i thought it was standard...

anybody know what this ecu is and has anybody got anymore details on it? bob has told me the 8500 is a raised rev limit but wondering if anybody has anymore info on it?

gtir_pimp

fusion ed will be the one to answer this. i have something similar in my ecu which was on the car when i bought it. luckily enough mine could be mapped by ed with his nistune gear so was a cheap remap for me

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It's not Nistune - they're made by PMLS Developments (so if it doesn't say "Nistune" on it, it generally says "PMLS"), plus they're Australian (so the writing is in English). However, that doesn't mean that Ed can't help.

Trip

The writing is japanese so it cannt be PMLS.. Does it have a rev limiter to 8500rpm ?

REDTOm

honestly dont know as never taken it past 6.5 or so as power peaks and not sure what rod bolts are in it im just going by bobs word on that although may have to check next time its out and give it some death.

P

pulsarboby

honestly dont know as never taken it past 6.5 or so as power peaks and not sure what rod bolts are in it im just going by bobs word on that although may have to check next time its out and give it some death.

lol dont tom:doh:
they dont like being revved to 8500 little metal thingys in the engine tend to throw a wobbler and scatter themselves everywhere:lol:

REDTOm

yeah thought as much thats why i havent ventured that high lol im not one to sit in mcdonalds banging the limiter so im not quite sure if its there or not but il takes your word for it and it would make sense seeing as it has 8500 written on it

Fusion Ed

Thats not a PLMS board. But it looks like its one I can re map. If you want me to see whats been done exactly just send it over and I'll take a look :)

REDTOm

i didnt actually know your were in surrey that sounds like a possibility as im only in kent could pop over and show you it to see whats what :)

REDTOm

thats what i went on to see you were in surrey ;)

will be interesting to see what this ecu is as this cars a funny one when it comes to ecus (didnt run with a perfectly good mines unit but works with a standard unit and this one runs ok). shitty old car.