ecu ??

R

r5ben

ive seen loads of people swoping to uprated ecu :shock: but is that all that you can do ?? cant you chip the old one like on other cars ?? :? i know that the urated ones are much better in the long run and offer more tunning but what if you dont want to take your tunning that far or dont have the £££ to do so :p is there anythin you can do with the one you have ?? :roll:
i know it may sound stupid but i dont know about this so ive asked :oops:

cheers :wink:

A

AJ4

You can get daughterboard that you can wire in to the standard ECU that you can program ( map ), doesn't seem to be very common in the UK though, I think the Ozzies do it more than us. I think most people just go for the Apexi AVC, ITC seperates etc and leave the standard ecu alone.

I think you can pick up an Emanage ( like a Unichip ) for less than £500 that can do pretty much everything you need it to do. Works out a lot cheaper than buying it all seperately or buggering about with the ECU.

Do a search on the Oz owners club site, I think they have a section / photo gallery on daughterboard modifications.

C

Crazy

Yes mate them Ozzie's use a few different chips, a lot of them go for the Gizzmo ECU chips :wink:

Try a search on Gizzmo mate, you should get a few interesting results 8)

S

str_motorsport

the gizzmo is good, had it for a while, then moved to a map from Loris mariotto..much better!
gizzmo is a copy of a jap spec ecu ...not good for european fuel

R

r5ben

sounds good to me i will have a look at some ozzy sites see what people are doing cheers
it sounds a good idea if you cant stretch to a full uprsted ecu

R

r5ben

cheers mate 8) have you got anymore good ozzy sites :D

there well into there gtir :D nice to see some fresh mods etc 8)